Activities at Faraway Bay depend on nature, tides, weather and of course what our guests would like to do.
While we cannot say exactly what time or which day we do things, everyone enjoys a unique wilderness experience.
Here is a sample of some of the activities guests can experience. We cannot guarantee all activities due to weather conditions and also time of the season.
- Scenic Flight and transfer to Lodge. The experience commences as soon as you board your flight. Scenic flight over Kununurra farming area and Ord River to Cambridge Gulf. King George River/Falls and then to Faraway Bay. A 20 minute bush 4WD transfer to Lodge scattered with Kimberley vegetation and bird life. Occasionally you may spot a dingo, euro or bush cattle.
- King George Falls Day Tour one of the highlights. Depart after breakfast, cruise by boat along the coast to King George River. Spotting turtles, manta rays, flying fish and an array of sea birds. Cruise up the spectacular King George River lined rocky gorges with towering cliffs that end abruptly at the Twin Water Falls. Try an invigorating shower under the falls.
- Rock Art Tours – visit by 4WD or boat unique, remote Rock Art sites. With some of the best examples of Bradshaw Rock Art in the Kimberley. Examples of traditional dance arenas, where life was lived perhaps 20 – 30 thousand years ago!
- Fishing to suit everyone, the fishing enthusiasts or those that have never fished. Fish the river and creek systems for the elusive Barramundi. We also scar between Islands and Coastal points for the infamous GT’s.Our Policy is on a Catch and Release basis, except for those designated for the dinner table.
- Billabong and 4WD travel along rugged track past huge ant hills, view the fauna and flora. Call into several Aboriginal Rock Art sites. We visit a Billabong for a swim, paddle in our canoes and picnic lunch on the banks of the Billabong.
- Waterfalls and Beachcombing visit several waterfalls and safe freshwater swimming holes. Cruise along mangrove lined creeks then across to Shell Beach – aptly named due it’s thousands of shells.
There is so much on offer, something different to explore each day with too many to list. Other activities may incorporate bushwalking, bird watching, photography, trip to Lesueur Island. Explore isolated beaches, wildlife spotting, star gazing, bushtucker walks. Or just relax at the Lodge and take in the view and watch the wildlife and bird life from the terrace. Above all be assured the options are endless.